Thursday, July 8, 2010

Toronto Raw

I just returned from Toronto, where my band Ruby Jean opened for Cindy Lauper at the Pride festivities in Queens Park!

There are lots of beautiful photographs on flicker by Tanya TiZiana

While I was in Toronto I took the time to try out some local gourmet raw food. Our First stop was LIVE a mainly raw food restaurant on Dupont and Spadina. It was truly delicious, I would recommend the Sushi and Nacho appetizers made with tasty dehydrated corn chips. However when it comes to Raw Lasgana's my boyfriend says my recipe is tastier!

(You can get my recipe for Lasagna below on the blog)

On Sunday we visited the brand new BELLVUE in Kensignton Market. This restaurant was opened by my good friend Joseph Senisi and features unique flavors (Try the jalapeno, chocolate, banana shake or a sandwich with peanut butter and sardines?!) , local fresh produce and an amazing brunch menu.

I returned a day later to try out there Greens with Envy, a lovely light salad with purple kale, sprouts, cucumber, broccoli and blueberries in a light vinaigrette.



If you are in Toronto you should absolutely try their menu. Joseph is a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment