Sunday, August 1, 2010

Egg-less Scramble

Thanks to Kirk at Salvatores my raw food world has been blow right open! He lent me two raw cook books and a dehydrator and I have been busy discovering new recipes to broaden my menu!

Below is a recipe I developed from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen, a wonderful living food cook book.

EGG-LESS SPANISH SCRAMBLE

Here is the basis for all scrambles:

1 cup of dry raw almonds
1/2 a cup of raw cashews or sunflower seeds
1/4 tsp of sea salt
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 cup of water

Once you have mixed together these ingredients in your food procesor you will have a chunky nut pate which you can season and flavor a different way everyday!

Here is what I ate for breakfast today...

1/4 cup of fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 a cup of diced tomatoes
1/4 cup of diced spanish onions
1 batch of the above scramble
1 cup of spinach leaves
pinch of ground pepper

Toss these ingredients together and you have a tasty savory breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment